The Mdina Cathedral Museum, has successfully applied and obtained funding for the carrying out of a project entitled “Mdina Museum Outreach”. This project has two distinct but related objectives.
Mdina Museum Outreach
Firstly this project aims at investing in the museum’s human resources through capacity building. This will be achieved through hands on practical training provided by professionals who will provide museum staff with the necessary knowledge to begin consequent cycles of knowledge transfer from one generation of volunteers to another. A campaign to attract new volunteers will also be carried out by the museum to encourage individuals to volunteer as wardens our outreach officers with the museum. New volunteers will be trained by experienced staff in order to ensure that their transition is smooth and efficient.ry Sector. (Grant agreement no VOPS A1.07.2023)
It will also allow the museum to train museum staff and volunteers to help them be more effective when dealing with museum visitors. By creating friendlier environments and more welcoming staff at our museum we strongly believe that we will open the museum to more members of society wishing to learn about our heritage and national identity.
The project will also allow the museum to organize a Museum Outreach Open Day. This open day has been inspired by the `European Heritage Days”. It is planned that that this open day would become a yearly appointment or the museum and subsequently grow with even more activities and events organized in the coming years.
Unlock the Treasures of Mdina
Open Day at the Metropolitan Cathedral and Museum
Saturday 25th November 2023
Mdina, Malta — The Mdina Metropolitan Cathedral and Cathedral Museum are delighted to extend a warm invitation to the public for an extraordinary Open Day on Saturday, November 25th, 2023. This immersive experience promises a day filled with cultural exploration, artistic appreciation, and historical wonders.
- Date: Saturday, November 25, 2023
- Time: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Location: Mdina Metropolitan Cathedral and Cathedral Museum, Mdina
Highlights of the Day:
- Free Admission: Both the Cathedral and the Museum open their doors for free exploration of all areas and halls.
- Guided Tours: Embark on a journey through history with informative guided tours throughout the day.
- Artisans Market: Immerse yourself in a vibrant market within the museum, showcasing the talents of local artisans.
- Medieval Reenactors: Witness history come alive as reenactors don medieval period costumes, adding touch of the past.
- Pop-Up Museum Cafe: Relax in the museum courtyard with a pop-up cafe, offering refreshments amidst the cultural ambiance.
This project is co-financed through the Voluntary Organization Project scheme operated by the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector. (Grant agreement no VOPS A1.07.2023)